Explore Worldwide has explored over 350 hidden gems around the world to find the most underrated spots.
Most underrated experiences in Europe
- Hiking Schafberg Peak (Salzburg, Austria)
- Viaduct Walk Council (Llanfair-on-the-Bryn, Wales)
- Jokkmokks Botanical Garden Fjalltrafgard (Jokkmokks, Sweden)
- Cruise through the streets of Giethoorn (Overijssel, Netherlands)
- Walk to Sandwood Bay (North Highlands, Scotland)
- Rafting in Osumi Canon (Berat, Albania)
- Visiting Blakeney Point National Nature Reserve (Norfolk, England)
- Hiking to the rocks of Adrspach-Teplice (NE Bohemia, Czech Republic)
- Soca River Rafting (Western Slovenia)
- Hiking in the Massif de l’Esterel (Agay, France)
Cynghordy Viaduct Walk in Wales was named as the second most underrated travel experience in Europe.
The 18-arch viaduct crosses the Bran Valley and was built in 1868 for the Central Wales Railway.
The railway bridge is over 305 meters long and 33 meters high. It became a Grade I listed building in 1966.
Tourists can walk the viaduct in a two-mile route and will enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding hills and countryside.
Blakeney Point National Nature Reserve is also in the top 10 and the Norfolk landmark is well worth a visit.
The beautiful nature reserve, home to seals, is managed by the National Trust and offers incredible views of the coastline.
Norfolk’s unique natural environment includes salt marshes, hills and freshwater grass marshes.
The region is a favorite of the Royal Family, who regularly holiday at the Sandringham estate.
Michael Edwards, Managing Director at Explore Travel commented: “This study has been quite an undertaking and examining over 350 underrated travel experiences has given our researchers a great wanderlust.
“We are all about advocating lesser-known adventures off the beaten track, and we are excited to shine a light on experiences that have clearly left a great impression on those who have tried them, but are not very well known to most travellers.
“We hope our research encourages people to try something different the next time they travel.”
The highest rated experience in Europe was a hike on the Schafberg in Salzburg in Austria.