Felt like a VIP at Belad Bont Resort in Salalah! That’s why you should stay here if you are in town.
May I say that I definitely had one of my best Middle Eastern trips in Oman? After traveling to Muscat, the desert, and exploring Sur, we went straight to Salalah.
There is so much to see in Oman that my stay in Salalah was clearly not enough. My tour was completed with the hospitality of the Omani people and great customer service from Belad Bont Resort, my home for 3 days and 2 nights in Salalah. More of my stay at Belad Bont Resort is below!
Things to Do in Salalah, Omani
1. Sultan Qaboos Mosque
The second largest mosque in Oman and this one is a must see. The Sultan Qaboos Mosque is beautiful and breathtaking to see! The prayer room is decorated with marble and covered with a huge Persian carpet. The mosque can be visited by non-Muslims every morning (except Fridays). Please note that appropriate clothing must be worn. Hair should be covered for ladies no short dresses and shoulders should be covered too. Well worth a visit!
2. Beach Hopping!
There are a few beaches in Salalah that you must see! If you have enough time, you can even spend a day at the beach for a refreshment after exploring some of the popular attractions. These are the beaches you must visit.
- Al Mughsail Beach – You just have to see this dreamy beach, an endless white beach of about 6 km, with water like in the Caribbean. A very good reason to come back to Salalah.
- Al Fizayah Beach – Another Caribbean feeling in the Orient. Beautiful nature and clean water that turns into blue and turquoise! To get there, you have to drive down a cliff and you will find yourself in a pristine and deserted paradise. Strongly recommended!
- Cave of Marneef – One of the most visited tourist places near Salalah. The entrance to this attraction is already impressive. The cliffs and cave are located at the western end of Al Mughsail Beach.
3. Sumhuram Ancient City
Sumhuram Old City is manageable but well worth it. With a little imagination, one can imagine its strategic importance in ancient times. All in all, a spectacular excavation with great views of the former harbour. The adjacent museum should also be visited.
4. Museum of the Frankincense Country
Between the old and the new Salalah is the Incense Museum and the archaeological sites. The museum is small but informative and interesting. The excavations are very extensive and not on hot days or rather in the morning. Here you will not only learn something about the incense, but also a lot about the history of Oman, which is brought closer through changing exhibitions.
5. See other popular places in Salalah
One day is really not enough in Salalah as there are plenty of beautiful places to explore. These are the other popular places in Salalah that you should not miss!
- Taqah Castle – a very nicely preserved castle, the bedroom still has the old four-poster bed, and from above you have a beautiful view of the beach. In the courtyard a palm tree provides shade and there is a small frankincense tree. The fortress was inhabited until 1984.
- Earth Gravity Controversial – You must experience this! As if pulled by a ghost hand, the heavy all-terrain vehicle with no engine power drives up the rather steep mountain. The point is located between Taqah and Wadi Darbat, at the start of a road that leads to the Dhofar Plateau.
- Al Balid Archaeological Site – The excavations cover a historical period of about 800 years until the domination of the Portuguese in 1500, which changed the trade routes and marked the end of the city. You can see the remains of houses, mosques and warehouses near the beach and a reserve with fresh water from the wadi in the mountains behind it.
Where to stay in Salalah, Omani
Belad Bont Resort is a luxury hotel and resort located in the western part of Salalah city. It has 99 rooms for guests to choose from including; rooms (standard, superior, super deluxe), chalets and VIP suites. We stayed in one of their chalets!
During our 3 days and 2 nights stay to discover what Salalah has to offer, we managed to get the chance to stay at Belad Bont Resort which is also the first of its kind in Salalah!
The accommodation, restaurant, spa and gym and customer service are all top notch! My photos prove how satisfied (and happy) I am with everything I’ve experienced in Belad Bont!
Belad Bont Resort Restaurants
You guys know how much I love food, and when I suggest a particular dish or even a restaurant, believe me, because that means you shouldn’t miss it! I’m also vocal when a food isn’t tuned to my taste buds. Simply put, I really just want to tell you that I love the food at Belad Bont. They even gave us a welcome cake, yay! (diet? Never heard of it.. I know you too, haha!)
At Belad Bont they have 4 restaurants, a poolside juice bar and an exclusive ladies only facility, which I think is really cool;
- Mosaic (All Day Dining)
- Ottoman restaurant
- Riviera Lounge
- Lagoon Pool Terrace
- Yasameen (the Lady Only Lounge)
I enjoyed everything we had from the drinks to starters and mains. And since Belad Bont has a few options for dining, it is quite difficult to choose where to eat, but of course you can always try anything your mouth desires!
Pampering in the Spa & Gym of Belad Bont
A stay at Belad Bont also means that you are ready for some pampering! The resort’s Spa & Gym is not to be missed. They have the Yasemeen Spa which is exclusively for the ladies where you can find a nail bar, private heated pool and gym designed for the ladies! Hurrah!
You can also spend some time in the sauna to release some bad “energy” from all the stress this world has given us. haha!
Then relax in the jacuzzi, ahh… can you imagine how relaxing that is? Truly a dream!
My time in Oman is very limited, but everything I heard about this country before was true, it was so much fun! That’s why I’m already planning to go back, even if I haven’t even left the country yet! I hope to bring you all here someday.