AirSWIFTthe Philippines’ first boutique airline has launched a new route: Manila to Romblon!
For quite some time the only way to reach romblon is by the sea. It became easier to access when Romblon Airport (also known as Tugdan Airport or Tablas Airport) in the municipality of Alcantara opened and regular flights started flying into the province. However, the pandemic put a stop to its activities. The sea again became the only available form of commercial passenger transport.
Fast forward to September 24, 2022: AirSWIFT had its inaugural flight! This makes traveling between Manila and Romblon much faster, easier and again more convenient. There is no need to burn many hours on a ferry. This shortens the trip to about an hour.
At the time of writing, here are the details:
- Terminal in Manila: NAIA terminal 4
- Terminal in Romblon: Tugdan Airport (Romblon Airport) in Alcantara, Tablas Island
- Travel time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Scheme: Tuesday and Saturday (2x a week)
AirSWIFT is currently running an introductory promo for flights to Romblon. If you’re flying before the year is up, you can get tickets for just P3,819, all-in. More info in the image below:
AirSWIFT has four types of airline tickets:
- Promotion: This offers unlimited free rebooking and 7 kg of hand luggage. However, as it is a promo, there are a limited number of seats available for this package.
- Base: This allows you to rebook 5 times for free, but refunds and rebookings are not allowed. No checked baggage allowance, but you do have 7 kg of free hand baggage.
- Where the: This has a check-in baggage allowance of 10 kg in addition to the 7 kg hand baggage. You can rebook 5X for free, but you cannot rebook.
- Premium: This has the same benefits as the Value package, BUT with a checked baggage allowance of 20 kg instead of just 10 kg.
REMARK: When you make use of the free rebooking, please note that a rate difference may apply.
AirSWIFT uses the ATR 42-600, a regional turboprop aircraft from the French-Italian aircraft manufacturer ATR (Avions de Transport Régional). It can accommodate up to 50 passengers, which means less hassle and stress at the airport, even during check-in and boarding.
To learn more about AirSWIFT and to view their flight schedule and fares, visit www.air-swift.com.
These are the best Romblon hotels and resorts on Agoda. Note the location of these homes, as the province is an archipelago and the homes below are located on different islands.
Written by: Asta Alvarez
Photos by: Yosh Dimen
Disc: We were fortunate and honored to be invited by the Ministry of Tourism (DOT) – MIMAROPA to celebrate the occasion with AirSWIFT and the people of Romblon. The event and subsequent tour were organized by AirSWIFT.