Last updated: July 25, 2022
AirAsia announced another one BIG P1 SALE for AirAsia members! This latest massive promotion covers all 16 domestic routes for 2022-2023 travel, including to and from newly launched destinations such as Dumaguete and Roxas City, as well as crowd favorites such as Tagbilaran (Bohol) and Caticlan (Boracay).
Here are more details about this sale:
SALES Period: July 25-31, 2022
Travel time: October 1, 2022 to October 28, 2023
In addition to domestic sales, flight costs to international destinations such as Singapore, Kota Kinabalu and Singapore have also been reduced to just Php 688, base fare.
Please note that the P1 or PISO price only refers to the base fare, which does NOT include fuel surcharges, government-imposed taxes, terminal fees and other surcharges.
“The AirAsia BIG Sale is one of many regular promotions we are rolling out to help cover the cost of the fuel surcharge,” said AirAsia Philippines spokesperson and Head of Communications and Public Affairs Steve Dailisan. “We encourage our guests, especially those who are giddy about flying home to their family or spending time with their loved ones out of town during the holidays, to plan around these promos to maximize their travel budget.”
In addition to flights, guests can also get up to 30% off SNAP flights+hotel bundles through the airasia Super app and up to 50% off at TravelMall (50%) by using the code TMSAVE50.
If you’re always trying to get your hands on cheap airfare during the sale, but are left empty-handed all the time, you might be doing something wrong. Understanding how the AirAsia booking process and how seat sales work is important to successfully score insanely low fares. This post may help.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THIS MANUAL?
Booking a promotional rate is like waging war. haha. Thousands of hungry bargain hunters will compete for a very limited number of seats. Prepare for battle!
- A fast, reliable internet connection. The faster the connection, the better. The airline websites slow down during the sale due to the sheer number of people and having a bad connection would make things worse.
- An AirAsia account. Sign up for an AirAsia account before the sale so you don’t have to enter your personal and credit card information when booking a flight. Time is very important during a seat sale. With an account you save time and effort. Sometimes they launch exclusive offers for members or give members priority access 24 hours early! Here’s how to join AirAsia.
- AirAsia Super App. Sometimes Super App users get the first prize on seats on sale. Booking through the app is sometimes prioritized and app users get early access to promotional rates. Using the app can also simplify the booking process.
- Your travel details. Your target destination, travel dates and preferred time.
- Your PLAN B data. If your first choice is no longer available, the process will be smoother if you have an alternative destination or date to hand.
- Your partner’s personal information. These include their full name and date of birth. Usually the passport number is not a required field. You can also ask your travel companion in advance about their seating (aisle or window) and meal preferences.
- Lots of patience. Booking promo flights is not easy. It takes a lot of patience and determination, hahaha. If the site crashes or your connection drops, don’t give up. Just keep your gameface on!
SEAT SALES IS REAL. They don’t cheat you when they say there’s a sale and you can’t find discounted seats. It’s just that lately it’s getting harder and harder to get those as more and more people are becoming more aware of chair sales. But that’s not the only reason.
- There are only a limited number of seats for sale. The number of seats on an airplane is finite and the airline CANNOT offer them all for sale because they also have to earn. If you are a group of 20 and you want to be on the same flight, forget it.
- Published rates often refer only to BASIC fare. What are base rates? This is the actual cost of the seat, less any government taxes, terminal charges and other fees, which are beyond the airline’s control. If AirAsia says ZERO FARE, don’t expect to actually get these tickets for free. You will still have to spend a little money.
- you have to be early. It is first come, first served. Even if the sale period lasts several days, don’t expect any promo rates for the last few days. Chances are, others have already booked those precious seats long before you.
- You have to be quick. Each customer is only given a limited time to book per session. The particular seat you’re eyeing can be gone in minutes (or seconds). If the promo seat you are about to book is no longer available, you will get this error message:
The first step to grabbing a promotional rate is knowing when the sale will be. We used to rely on email blasts and broadsheet ads. But now it’s much easier.
- Like AirAsia on Facebook. Promos are usually announced on Facebook first. If you really want to make sure you don’t miss the sale, you can choose to prioritize AirAsia posts in your News Feed. Go to AirAsia’s FB pagehover over the NEXT knob. From the list of options that will be revealed, choose: SEE FIRST.
- Like THE POOR TRAVELER on Facebook. Yes! On our page, we always announce big seat sales and promos not only by AirAsia, but also by other airlines.
- Visit AirAsia’s official website: www.airasia.com.
- Choose your departure point, destination, travel dates and number of travelers. Book by small batches. This is something I have proven so many times. If you book for so many people at once, the site will not display promotional rates. But when you book for just one or two people, you can have the same flight (same plane, same day, same time).
- Click SEARCH. If too many people visit the site, you will be asked to wait.
- Choose your flights. Once you reach the results page, you can choose the flight or scan other dates. Once you have found a promotional rate on a desired date, click on the price and choose your add-ons. Then click CONTINUE (the green button in the lower right corner of the screen).
- Enter each traveler’s details. They will need your full names, dates of birth and nationality. Click CONTINUE.
- Choose your luggage, seat and meal (optional). You can also add travel insurance and travel tax.
- View and pay. You can pay via credit card, debit card or via an offline partner.
That is it! Once payment has been accepted, you will receive the itinerary and confirmation in your email.